I would’ve dug 2 inches and sloped to 4 inches instead of 4 inches to 6 inches. It really wasn’t necessary to go that deep and we probably would’ve spent a little less on the rock.
We should’ve done this in the fall or winter, it was so hot most of the days we worked on it and I got such a bad tan!
Because it took us so long to dig the pit weeds and grass began to grow where we previously dug. It took extra time to remove and kill what was growing in that area. Next time I’d make sure that we could consistently work on the project so we don’t create extra work for ourselves.
We made the mistake of not creating a straight line to follow when we were digging so our patio extension is a bit squiggly lol! We’re going to cover it up eventually but it still bugs me! We should’ve either spray painted the perimeter, used wood for our edging so it would be pretty straight from the beginning, or put stakes at the corners and tied rope to keep the lines straight.
Road to Unique LA Holiday 2017 Part 1 – Stuff we Make
We’re so excited! If you read our previous post we got selected once again to participate in Unique LA’s Holiday Show and we couldn’t be more excited! We’ve been doing this show for about 4 years now, I can’t believe how fast time has passed! Our little business has grown and evolved so much since our first show.
At the last show we did in May Charlie made me an awesome folding table that caught a lot of people’s eye!
This show we decided to add a little more flair by staining some of the wood elements in our set up to keep a consistent color scheme. This way the products can really be the stars of the show! Here’s what we’ve done so far, I think it’s coming along nicely. 😀
This week I’ve been prepping to do some short informational videos of our CO Fitness Journals. Some people have been asking how I personally use them so I thought I’d share my journey with them for the past 3 months. Truth be told I am SO awkward in front of the camera! Whether it be photo or video it’s the same. Probably because I’m extremely self conscious about my physical appearance. I’ve done a few Youtube videos for CO in the past but they weren’t serious and I am NOT happy with them at all. They were filmed on my iSight camera on my laptop and the quality was meh.
Because of this, Charlie is going to help his lil’ ol’ wifey out and make me a tripod. I found this tutorial by DIY Blog Stalker on how to make an overhead camera mount. This way I could stay out of the camera. 🙂 This was the simplest tutorial ever and it cost us less than $6! A tripod arm/extender could range anywhere from $50-$160 and my hubby made mine for $6. What a steal!
We had this piece already from our octopus tripod. You could buy this piece for less than $5.
It took us less than 30 minutes to cut everything and piece together. So easy guys!