I’m on a home decor frenzy my friends! And in honor of my not-so-favorite holiday I present to you my Valentine’s Day edition of Wishlist Wednesday..which is basically some chic home decor pieces from your local Urban Outfitters.
- I love this sleek and simple coat rack. Would go perfect at the front of my house next to our frame wall.
- I put this poster on our Instagram yesterday, and it got some attention 🙂 Here’s the print, would love this one for my office.
- In honor of V-day, and because I’m a lover of all things surrounded around the word love (except V-day lol) here’s a cute red love hook to bring a pop of red to any room.
- I.Love.This.Chair. So stylish. I’m a fan of grays and neutrals so that I can pair it with bold, bright colors. Would be perfect to have 2 of these bad boys in our master bedroom!
- I’ve been looking for a way to bring in some character into my office, and one way is to bring the outdoors in. This cute terrarium is a great way to add some earthy inspiration and beauty to the room. Just stop by my local hardware store and I’m set! Hopefully my green thumb won’t do me wrong. 😛
- And, yet another item to spruce up my office. 🙂 I can’t help it, this office is my sanctuary and I don’t want it to look boring and bland! This modern, statement piece is the perfect storage bin to make my unpaid bills look a little friendlier haha!
Have a great rest of your week everyone!
In light of the upcoming holiday season, I’ve been doing a lot of online window shopping. 🙂 But I have to admit that I can online window shop any time of year! So, I decided to include some of my wish list items in what I’m going to call Wish List Wednesdays (I know, clever title right?). I’m a weird shopper. If you see me walking around a retail store here’s what you’ll see and why Charlie loves and hates shopping with me. Lol!
So I’ll do my initial walk through of the store. I don’t immediately go for the first rack and then make my way around. I walk through the main walkway of the store, look at their visual displays, see what’s on their mannequins, see how they’re grouping their color schemes…you know, the usual. If something doesn’t “call to me” (as I like to call it) then I’m in and out of that store quick. <— That right there is why Charlie doesn’t mind shopping with me. But if I like what I see then I’ll start scoping the racks that I initially thought were interesting. I’ll carry everything that I like around with me and then after I look through all the racks I thought were interesting, I’ll plant myself with all my potential purchases somewhere in the store and analyze every piece I pulled from the rack. <— And that, ladies and gents is why Charlie hates shopping with me.
Disclaimer: This, however, does not apply to shopping at Target/Walmart/Supermarkets and the like. I like to walk through ever single aisle in those stores! ;P
Now that I’m done with that rant, let’s get to my wish list for this wednesday.
This wasn’t on purpose, but coincidentally all my faves are from Urban Outfitters this week. My 2 ultimate fates are the touch screen compatible gloves and the cross back sweater *swoon*
If you want to grab any of these great finds, here are the links:
- Key Holder and Chalkboard combo
- Tiered Geometric Necklace
- Cool Blue Nail Polish
- Cross Back Sweater
- Touch screen gloves
My design style has really mimicked my personal life in so many ways – it’s been everywhere. But this past year has really pushed me to define my style and aesthetic. I’ve learned so much about myself and that has helped me narrow down what I find visually appealing. I took a hiatus and stuck to brand conceptualizing for many years. Part of this was due to lack of confidence, trying out different career paths, etc. But since I started designing again I found that trying to do anything and everything was doing nothing but holding me down. I knew I needed to sit down and do some thinking. What is my design style? Ask me yesterday, and I wouldn’t even begin to tell you. This needed to be fixed PRONTO!
So, I sat and looked at all my old work. Work that I was proud of, and work that I didn’t want to look at ever again. And I realized that my design style is a representation of me and my personality.
- Bold colors
- Strong typography
- Simple and clean
- Less is more
This is the kind of design I love! Every piece is a direct reflection of my client’s personality. It’s something that may not be “in style” but is something that my clients love because it screams character.