Charlie and I had dinner with a couple of our really good friends the other night. Charlie was in the mood for a good dinner. We’re talking grilled rib eye steak with potatoes and salad kind of GOOD. He brought up that he wanted some of the Brazillian cheese rolls I make to go with it.
Yes, do you see that goodness? I’m drooling as we speak. If you’ve ever been to a churrascaria you’ll know what I’m talking about. These are no joke! I’m warning you now, the moment you taste you’ll be addicted!
I remember the day I told myself to make these little cheese-filled pieces of heaven, I scoured the good ole internet to find a recipe. After trying a few that were EPIC fails, I found this one by Kirbie’s Cravings. Her recipe was almost spot on to my taste, so I just tweaked it a bit (mainly adding more cheese to the recipe lol). Her recipe also instructed to put 1 egg in it, but didn’t find it necessary for me. But you can definitely add it if it improves your recipe! 🙂
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3 cups of tapioca flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar (you can also use another type of cheese, like gruyere)
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Boil 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of oil together in a small pot.
- In a separate bowl, mix 3 cups of tapioca flour, 1 tsp of salt, and the grated cheese
- Pour the liquids over the other ingredients and mix it all with a spoon until you have a smooth batter. Make balls with the batter. You may want to add a little bit more tapioca flour until the batter doesn’t stick to your hands. Make balls about one inch in diameter.
- Oil a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray. You can also take some oil and spread it with a brush. Bake at 400º for about 15 minutes until they turn golden. These are best eaten warm.