My mom was an excellent cook. Anything she felt like cooking always came out delicious. When Ninong’s first opened one of the recipes that my mom made her own was chicken salad. I guess I took it for granted because I started craving it one day. I knew I didn’t want to make her exact recipe because her recipe had a lot more mayonnaise so I decided to make a version of my own. 🙂
- 2 Chicken breasts, boiled and cooled
- Red onion, diced small – 1/2 cup
- Celery, diced small – 1/3 cup
- Sweet relish – 4 tbs
- Plain greek yogurt – 1 cup
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbs
- Turbinado sugar – 1 tbs
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Shred chicken by hand or by using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Squeeze liquid out of relish and add to chicken.
- All onion, celery, yogurt, mayonnaise and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Please like & share: