There’s something scary about being honest with myself. You’d think that being you would take less effort, less thinking, less time. But man, I gotta tell you, it takes a lot of work and time. A lot of self-discovery, a lot of learning, a whole lot of realizing my fears, my strengths, and my weaknesses. It’s been difficult to not let other people’s negative perceptions invade me. It’s been hard to not let disappointment or sadness encompass my thoughts. It’s been almost impossible to say NO to things so I can say YES to what matters.
And to be honest, I don’t think I’m ever going to “know” who I am and I think that’s a good thing. I’m always changing, always learning new things, always discovering, and on new journeys. But I do know a few things that will never change.
- I care about others, sometimes more than myself.
- I am more than willing to share what I know to help others.
- I love to shop at Target 😉
- I love finding a good deal.
- I love to learn new things.
- I get tired of things easily.
- I tend to be really bossy.
- I love cold weather.
- I love the beach and a beautiful sunset.
- I can talk about small business all day.
- I can talk about aspirations and dreams all night.
- There’s no better feeling than to inspire yourself and others to be better.
I’m learning to accept my faults and work on them to be better as well as utilize my strengths to help others. With 2012 drawing to a close, I always tend to self-reflect on thoughts and what I’ve learned this year.