Honestly, I’m sitting here on the day that I’m supposed to post this and have no idea what my goals for this month are. Let’s be real, I don’t always have it all together. Heck, I rarely have my life under control. I set goals and sometimes I accomplish them, sometimes I don’t. This month, I just have a block. And since we’re being honest, I just don’t feel it. I don’t feel like being productive. I don’t want to set productivity goals or do things every day that’ll work toward a bigger goal. I just don’t wanna (in a whining little girl voice) lol!
But I’m trying. I’m trying to get myself to set some goals for this month, even if it’s smaller goals. Soooo, here we go…
1. Prioritize a healthier lifestyle. This has been an ongoing goal of mine the last few months, and now my focus is going to be body and mind. I’ve never been one to focus on physical appearances so I’ve had to really find my “why” when it comes to being healthier. For one, it’s for a positive mind. When I eat right, exercise, and take time for myself I feel more relaxed and balanced.
2. Make faith my primary source of fulfillment. Working in a service-based business and in the day and age we’re living in, it’s really easy to fall into the destructive pattern of seeking other’s approval. I always have to remind myself that it’s not the approval of others I need to see, but the Lord’s. I know that if I seek Him and serve Him first, the rest is up to Him.
3. Read a book. I’m currently reading Soar by Bishop T.D. Jakes and I’m determined to finish it this month! At the very least I can read it on the plane when we travel to Washington DC at. The end of the month (surprise!).
4. Complete 1 backyard project. We’ve been using our back yard more often ever since we finished our 1st renovation project. Almost every Sunday, we have friends over, grill, eat, and just chill out there before we all have to begin the hectic week. It’s one of my favorite things about this summer! Charlie and I have a couple other projects we want to work on for the back yard that aren’t too costly – like patch up our fence, create better lighting, and build a fire pit.
5. Get ahead of blog posts. Just like that, guys, I’m backed up on blog posts. *Sigh* After the 30 Day Blogging Challenge I was so ahead of the game for the first time ever and I was determined to keep it going. Clearly, not determined enough lol! So this month, my goal is to get ahead again. At least get in the habit of a regular writing/posting schedule.
As far as theme for the month, I think my keyword is going to be contentment. This is something that I always have a hard time with. As an entrepreneur I’m always striving to be better, keep growing, and never stopping but this is really counterintuitive to the idea of being content. If contentment is being in a state of satisfaction then I feel like I’m always the opposite. I always have this feeling of not being good enough or wanting more. So this month, I’d like to make that the theme. Heck, maybe it’ll be my theme for the next few months because I don’t think I’m going to find contentment in less than 30 days!
Happy planning and goal setting, friends! Whether you’re super motivated or a little lazy like me at the moment, still seize this day and make it your own!