This is going to be my constant reminder. This year I’m not going to be different, I’m going to be better. As the new year began to approach I knew that I wanted to take 2012 by the reins and take the lead of my destiny. With God’s grace and a constant reminder that great success comes from hard work…I’m ready, let’s do this!
Here are my goals for 2012:
- Transparency. This has been a huge one for me in the past few years. This year, I pledge to be the honest and truest me. The good, the bad, and the ugly! Not worrying about what people think or say about me has always been something I’ve struggled with, especially with my work.
- Strengthen relationships. This is 2 sided: strengthen relationships with those that have uplifted me and hope to do the same for them, but also clear the clutter of negative energy, unconstructive criticism, and bad habits.
- Work, play, and relax. Easy to explain but not so easy to implement. Work hard, set parameters. Take part in the things I love to do most and enjoy it. Rest and relax when my body needs replenishment.
- Patience. In 2011, I think I’ve learned more about patience and hope to continue to do so this year. As an I need answers now type-of-girl, this is a challenge. But I have come to see that with patience comes great thinking, time, planning, and success.
- Growth. This is one of the most important goals for this year. I hope to grow closer to the Lord this year (and every year, obviously). As I have grown closer to Him I have seen more clearly, thought less abruptly, seen more confidence in my decision-making, and have been blessed with more grace than I’ve ever experienced.
- Traveling. Charlie and I plan on going on 2 trips this year, at least 1 to a place we’ve never been!
- Finding out who I am and what is the right path for me continues this year. Though I’m not as lost as I was a year ago, I know that this is an never ending journey.
I hope that all of you are having a please 2012 so far! What are your goals for this year?